"Classic 15W" UV Bulb Replacement Rated for 12-14 Months Continuous Use (for Aqua Ultraviolet “Classic 15W” UV Sterilizer Unit)
Brand: Aqua Ultraviolet
Item Number: AQUV-CLSC15W-BULB
Only 18 left in stock!
Shipping Policy: Little or No Shipping Charges for Regular-Sized Items; We Cover Part of the Freight Costs for Large Items Shipped Nationally. See Shipping Policy.
Bulb Length: 11½"L
Use Time Rating: 8,000 Hours / 12-14 Months Continuous Use
Function: Stunt and control the growth and spread of bacteria, algae, viruses, and pathogens for clearer and more polished aquarium water, and a healthier and more balanced aquatic ecosystem for our fish and corals.
- One of the highest respected and long-term trusted brands in the global water sterilization industry, delivering water solutions for over 40 years
- 100% U.S. manufactured in Southern California
- Highest quality UV bulb for any sterilizer
- Rated for 8,000 hours or 14 months of continuous and reliable use
- All 4 pins on one side of bulb for easy slide-in and plug-in installation
- These bulbs are rated for 8,000 hours or 12-14 months of continuous use. As with all UV bulbs, it is best to have a spare replacement bulb on hand before the end of the lifespan of the light in use. Two Tides always recommends when the 10-11 month rolls around, it's best to get a replacement so that we aren't stuck in a situation where the lamp burns out, and we don't realize it until one of our prized fish gets an infection and we can't prevent the infection from spreading until the bulb we need is both in stock and after shipping time (we speak from personal experience).
Here is a step-by-step UV Bulb Replacement Guide as well as a Quartz Sleeve Replacement Guide for the Aqua Ultraviolet Classic Series. Two Tides recommends replacing these UV bulbs every 12-14 months, and the Quartz Sleeves either every 2-3 years. Also clean the sleeve if it ever turns yellow or brown (due to buildup), or if you notice a reduction in performance of the unit, making sure to wipe it off thoroughly with alcohol afterwards. After bulbs, dirty sleeves are the biggest culprit of performance reduction. If the buildup is too much to clean, replace the sleeve. Broken Quartz isn't fun to clean up.
Have any further questions that aren't answered here? We'd love to hear from you, and learn how we can help you be as successful as possible in this wonderful hobby.
You can call in to 727-214-7750 to speak with Tyler from our team to determine how to create your Ideal Aquarium Build.
Also feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com and we will aim to respond back within the next few hours.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.