Marco Rocks E-Marco 400 Solid Bond Aquatic Rock Mortar Complete Kit
Brand: Marco Rocks
Item Number: MRCO-E400
Only 8 left in stock!
Estimated Arrival: Between Jan 28 and Feb 03. *ETA for USA only. For accurate lead times, call us at 727-214-7750
Large, Custom, Or Backorder: Arrival Times May Vary.
Shipping Policy: Little or No Shipping Charges for Regular-Sized Items; We Cover Part of the Freight Costs for Large Items Shipped Nationally. See Shipping Policy.
Function: provide a readily mixable, easily applied, and concrete-strength mortar for binding rocks together for marine aquascape. Once the mortar dries and cures, it binds the multiple pieces of rock together into one solid stone piece. This mortar is also able to cure underwater if needed.
Mortar Malleable Work Time: 15 minutes after mixing
Mortar Hardening Time: 2-4 hours after setting structure in place
Mortar Full Cure Time (to fuse rocks together completely): 24 hours
- If curing underwater, multiply the above time frames by 2
- If mortaring large rocks together or working on overhangs, follow the "Mortar Full Cure Time" of 24-48 hours before moving or adding new pieces
- 5 lbs of Mortar Powder
- (1) Mixing Solution of Liquid Polymer
- (1) Mixing Spatula
- (1) Storage Bucket
What Else is Needed:
- (1) Pair of Nitrile Gloves
- (1) Work Surface Cover
- (1) Disposable Plastic Cup for Mixing
- Cover work surface
- Put on gloves
- Unpack all components
- Add water to the bag of liquid polymer until almost full (ideally RO water)
- Shake the bag until same consistency
- Add appropriate amount of mortar powder to plastic mixing cup
- Add in some liquid polymer solution to plastic mixing cup
- Mix with mixing spatula until correct "pasty / wet clay" consistency is achieved
- Add small amounts of mortar powder if too wet, and small amounts of liquid polymer if too dry
- There's no specific measurements for this to follow, just experiment and have some fun with it :)
- Apply mortar generously to contact points between each rock
- Let cure for the appropriate time frame listed above
- Once the entire structure is fully cured, it's ready to go into your tank
Have any further questions that aren't answered here? We'd love to hear from you, and learn how we can help you be as successful as possible in this wonderful hobby.
You can call in to 727-214-7750 to speak with Tyler from our team to determine how to create your Ideal Aquarium Build.
Also feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com and we will aim to respond back within the next few hours.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.