ProStar 150 Marco Rock Florida Keys Full Dry Rockscape Package - ReefSaver (includes Shipping)
Brand: Two Tides Aquarium Supply
Only 10 left in stock!
Estimated Arrival: Between Mar 09 and Mar 15. *ETA for USA only. For accurate lead times, call us at 727-214-7750
Large, Custom, Or Backorder: Arrival Times May Vary.
Shipping Policy: Little or No Shipping Charges for Regular-Sized Items; We Cover Part of the Freight Costs for Large Items Shipped Nationally. See Shipping Policy.
Why Marco Rock?
Marco Rock is the most widely tested, used, and trusted dry rock in the entire aquarium hobby. Clients enjoy using this rock because it...
- Is naturally sourced (from the Florida Keys) in an area that was once a massive prehistoric coral reef
- Uses a unique chemical-free cleaning process to not leech any stray chemicals into your aquarium
- Has a chalky-like texture that makes rockscaping very easy where the rocks "stick" together when stacked
- Easily broken up with a chisel to get smaller or specifically shaped rocks to fit perfectly into specific areas of serve specialized functions in the rockscape
- Comes with the best rockscaping mortar in the industry (E-Marco 400) that fully sets to mold rocks together into one solid stone, and can cure completely underwater if needed
- Has generous surface area for new beneficial bacteria to colonize and reproduce
ProStar Marco Rock Full Dry Rockscape Packages
The ProStar Marco Rock Full Dry Rockscape Packages have been designed to take all of the guesswork out of...
- How much rock do I need for my new tank?
- What brand of rock is trustworthy?
- What shape / size of rocks do I need?
- How do I know I'm getting enough of each type for my new tank?
Each of these ProStar Marco Rock Full Dry Rockscape Packages has been formulated to specifically match the sizes of the different Pro Clear ProStar Aquariums, and has the correct amount of rock (with some extra to account for waste when rockscaping) to meet the balance between a large amount of surface area to place and grow corals, with leaving enough space in the tank for those corals to grow into larger colonies and populate.
Different hobbyists prefer different types of scapes, so we've also compiled two different types of rock packages for each tank size - a "ReefSaver Package" and a "Shelf Package".
Different Types of Marco Rock
ReefSaver rock are essentially boulders that are most commonly broken up into smaller pieces with a hammer and chisel to serve specific functions (like holding up structures as they cure or fitting into hard to reach areas to fill in gaps). A popular new age way of using ReefSaver rock is to break them up and mortar them together into open, impressive looking structures called "Negative Scapes". If you haven't heard of these, do a quick Google search in another tab. Not only are they darn cool to look at, but they also allow multiple times more surface area than regular boulder rock to glue corals to, plenty of room between each rock piece for corals to grow in all directions, and increased uninterrupted water flow throughout the tank to carry nutrients to every single inch of coral tissue and eliminate dead spots in flow.
Shelf rock is just as the name suggests, flat horizontal pieces of rock useful for creating tiered structures of rockscape and giving more options for more vertical growing coral like acropora.
Each hobbyists has their preference, so we have chosen to make these two separate packages. Each package does include mostly ReefSaver rock, but the Shelf packages does include a healthy amount of Shelf rock
What's Included? - ProStar 150 ReefSaver Package
This ReefSaver Package for the ProStar 150 includes...
- 110 lbs Reef Saver
- $2.99/lb = $328.90
- 0 lbs Shelf
- $6.99/lb = $0
- 4 Foundation (20 lbs - to place at the bottom of structures to firmly root inside of the tank substrate, and give a stable base to build the rest of the rockscape on)
- $15/piece = $60
- 3 Pedestal (to give a platform-shaped pedestal to place at the top of rock structures and showcase prize corals)
- $39.99/piece = $119.97
- Clients have the choice to pick between either "Natural Top Pedestal" (top of the pedestal looks like Reef Saver rock) or "Flat Frag Top Pedestal" (top of the pedestal is machined and sanded flat to give a surface to easily grow frag plugs)
- The type of Pedestal Rock is communicated with Two Tides after ordering
- 1 Bucket of E-Marco 400 Grey Mortar (to easily attach and mold rock pieces together into single boulders)
- $42/bucket = $42
- Total = $550
- PLEASE PRICE CHECK US! We want to make these packages as affordable as possible so you can start your tank quickly.
Have any further questions that aren't answered here? We'd love to hear from you, and learn how we can help you be as successful as possible in this wonderful hobby.
You can call in to 727-214-7750 to speak with Tyler from our team to determine how to create your Ideal Aquarium Build.
Also feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will aim to respond back within the next few hours.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.